Friday, June 26, 2009

Common Iora



Last weekend I went back to Ipoh. Whilst in Ipoh, my wife suggested that we went to visit her sister in Kampung Pari. I agreed and what a wonderful time I had at her house as there were several beautiful birds found within her house compound. The green pigeons were feeding on the 'ciku' fruits, the sibias were looking for insects under the ciku tree and then this yellow bird was making a nest just close by on a 'jambu' tree.



This yellow bird or rather warbler made such lovely chirpings and the singings really entertained me. I was really enjoying myself with the sight as well at the lovely chirpings. Definitely I will be visiting again to get the snapshot of the juveniles!



I believe this yellow bird must be a warbler. Locally we called the bird as 'burung kapas' since its nest is normally made from cotton and dried grass.



Like always my very resourceful friend Tabib came up with the right name. It is called the 'common iora'. Thanks Tabib, you are a great man!

2 comments:

Redzlan said...

This is Common Iora and you have found a nice nest. You should wait for mother/father feeding the chicks.

ANUAR ZAIN said...

Thank you Tabib! I was actually expecting you to give the right advice. I hope to make it to Ipoh again when the chicks come out with dad/om feeding them!