Monday, October 5, 2009

Apple-like fruits





This apple-like fruits is called 'kelepung' in Malay. I managed to get a few shots as I was parking my car somewhere near Plaza Pekeliling in K.Lumpur. These fruits are normally favourites to the birds but then when I was younger I used to take these fruits also for food. That was sometime about twenty years ago when we were short of food in the jungle. The jungle variety is bigger in size, and we used to pluck the green fruits and boil it first. Although it tasted bitter (kelat) but anyway they really served the purpose to fill up our tummies!

Looking at these fruits make me wonder whether they are cousins to the apple. I have planted two apple trees in my house compound, and now they are about 6 years old. They grew very well but yet to see them bearing any fruits at all even the trees are about 15 feet tall now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

i easily adore your writing style, very unique,
don't quit and also keep penning for the simple reason that it simply that is worth to follow it.
impatient to look into more of your content articles, have a great day!

ANUAR ZAIN said...

Thank you so much Mr Anonymous. You are the good visitor, previously there were 4 bad-visitors that gave stupid remarks. Thank God, I managed to delete all fours!