Sunday, May 23, 2010

The monitor lizard or goanna



Just recently I went to Langkawi Island for a weekend holiday. Rented a chalet at the Berjaya Beach Resort at the western coast of the island called Teluk Burau. The resort was indeed a lovely place to stay, full of greens and fresh air and the view of the sea from our chalet were astoundingly beautiful.

We passed our time simply lazing around and bathing. The beach was beautiful and also the hotel's pool gave us blissful comfort to have long hours of bathing. In between the bath, I managed to scout around and have a leisurely walk by the beach. Then suddenly I saw this big lizard just withdrawing from the bins where the left-overs were kept from the previous night party. The big reptile saw me and it made an immediate withdrawal from its feed.




It was a big one, about 4 feet long and could easily weighed about 50kgs. I spent some time watching the reptile and likewise the reptile also was watching me. Indirectly hinting me to move on so that it can continue with its meal.



And of course these are the chalets!

No comments: