Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Insects

My favourite creek, used to wander and have a dip in its cool waters. There were many critters around and it was very fascinating to see them in their natural habitat.

I met with these beautiful critters as I walked along the creek. Two butterflies, a ladybird, a dragonfly and two beautiful insects mating..

Blue Moon Butterfly (Hypolimnas bolina jacintha)

Lady bird


Ulat Kekabu (Family Pyrrhocoridae)

Common Tiger Butterfly


Dragonfly



Location, on the way to Malim Nawar, just after Kota Bahru town in Perak, Malaysia.


2 comments:

Redzlan said...

Beautiful colourful macro work here.
That 1st butterfly is Blue Moon Butterfly(Hypolimnas bolina jacintha) and the 2nd one is Common Tiger butterfly.
The matting red bugs are Ulat kekabu, commonly found at kapok pod - Family Pyrrhocoridae.

ANUAR ZAIN said...

You are so kind to me, Tabib. I will definitely amend/update the photos accordingly.