Monday, April 20, 2009

Burung Kunyit Besar/Black-naped Oriole (oriolus chinensis)



This morning I was awoken by this familiar sharp shrill of birds just outside my window. Of course the beautiful sound cheered me up and I rushed for my camera. Sure enough, it was the common yellow birds that never fails to sing within my area. They were a couple of them looking for food, ie the insects. Thank you to my dear friend Tabib, who has identified this bird for me. All this while I have been refering them as only the 'yellow bird'!.





Name: Black-naped Oriole (oriolus chinensis)
Local name: Burung Kunyit Besar
Size: 30 cm
Location:Kota Damansara, Malaysia

3 comments:

Dale Forbes said...

orioles normally have such a pleasant bubbling sound - I am sure this species is no different which is why it was so great to have it outside your window.

you have a nice blog, and the jack fruit made me yearn for the tropics again

happy birding
Dale
http://alpinebirds.blogspot.com

ANUAR ZAIN said...

Thank you so much Dale. Yes, bubbling is the correct word to explain its singing. I see you were in the Tropics before and you must be very familiar with the tropical birds then. Maybe you can help to rename my birds then!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it