Monday, June 8, 2009

Spider



Yesterday I went to visit this water-fall called Lata Kinjang in the northern state of Perak. I was here several times before but since I moved south, this place became too unaccessible for me. It was way-off the main highway and yesterday the opportunity came when I attended a wedding ceremony not far from this place.


After the ceremony we all proceeded to this water-fall, about 500 meters away only. Of course the children loved it since they can have a dip in the pool. The entry to the site was much to be desired. The road was too narrow now with cars parked on both side of the road. I was trying my very best not to scratch any cars as I was driving to the proper-parking lot!


The kids love the cool waters and as for me I scouted around to look for something that interest me. Nothing much to snap except this spider. I saw some butterflies (Rajah Brooke) and heard the hornbills singing, but they were too elusive or too far away to make it into my lense.


The spider above is called Giant wood spider. Thanks to Tabib who was kind enough to lend me the valuable knowledge.

2 comments:

Redzlan said...

Beautiful spider. This is a Giant Wood Spider - the female specimen.
The male is much more small as I found here

ANUAR ZAIN said...

Thank you Tabib. You are always handy to make my blog more readable and worthy of reading.